Wednesday, October 8, 2014

48 Hours at the Byblos Saint-Tropez


Some people describe it as legendary, some as an institution. After my unforgettable stay I agree with both and conclude it as a one-of-a-kind experience - and finally it was the absolute highlight of my summer holidays! A real Leading Hotel of the World as it should be!



Saint Tropez, the capital of jetset has of course many many luxury hotels on relatively small space. I was always seeking to stay at the new Sezz or the Muse, both near Ramatuelle, and far from the old town of Saint Tropez. Due to the fact that I only had two nights to discover Saint Tropez, I knew I had to find an alternative. I wanted to go to the beach by hotel shuttle during the day and visit the town at night. So the only option was to look for a hotel in the centre. Therefore I came across the Byblos and I never regret this decision during my stay.





From the kind first "Bonjour" at the entrance, the experience continued by a very kind and smooth check-in by the so kind Barbara at the front desk. As they know how to manage a world class hotel, they upgraded me to a breath-taking Two Bedroom Seaview Suite and continued with treating me like royalty by serving a bottle of Rosé Byblos and homemade sweets - I was overwhelmed!



The style is typical for this part of the Cote d'Azur and I can assure that the Byblos is 100 per cent Saint Tropez, no minimalistic design nor unprofessional staff members. Of course the main highlight of the day was my Suite with a balcony overloooking whole Saint Tropez, the pool and the Mediterranean Sea of course. Upstairs there was another bedroom with twin beds, en-suite bathroom with shower and a completely new Samsung LED-TV with the function to connect your mobile device. On the main floor of this Deluxe Suite, a large living room with writing desk was connected by a sliding door to a master bedroom with oversized King abed and en-suite bathroom and double basins. The only toilet was situated next to the entrance of the Suite.




The concierge was extraordinary and reserved a table at a fabulous new Retaurant called "Le G" and made it possible to get sunbeds on Club 55, without having lunch there (Normally impossible during the high season)! The shuttle goes to every beach you want to go and whenever you want to go. When we arrived at Club 55 we were given one beach bag each with two towels, provided by the driver of the Byblos.




The breakfast comes with a picturesque terrace, perfect service and pool views. The buffet is well selected with high quality products and the best: it is served until 12 noon! That's amazing, isn't it? And welcomed as well, after a typical Tropezian night in one of the world renowned clubs. Unfortunately the glamorous Le Caves du Roy was not open on weekdays so we could not attend one of the dazzling party nights there. Instead we enjoyed a late-night dinner on the harbor in a very chic restaurant, followed by a drink on the terrace of Byblos' B-Bar. 





Finally, the Byblos is simply a gorgeous place. I love this hotel and will return there again soon.


We would like to thank the Byblos Hotel Saint Tropez and Groupe Floirat for the generous special offer and the amazing suite upgrade.





No comments:

Post a Comment