Friday, October 31, 2014

48 Hours at the Hyatt Regency Palais Mediterranee


First of all I would like to apologize for writing a review of this hotel so late! The truth is that I wanted to wait for the really cold times, like we have it actually in Austria, and to motivate you to immediately look for your next summer getaway!



So, why should you stay in Nice during your holidays on the Côte d'Azur? This question came up to my mind when planning my summer trip for 2014. I mean it is the fifth biggest city in France, and by far the most enchanting big city I have ever been (AND even lived at - after Prague of course ;) - even though it was for 2 weeks only). After I returned from my two-week language trip, I had one week holidays at home before I started my summer journey. That's why I promised myself that when I return, I want to return in style.



So did I and checked in at the Hyatt Regency Palais Mediterranee, formerly a Concorde Property, now a Hyatt managed hotel. The arrival went smooth and we found the hotel immediately as one of the most prestigious buildings on the whole coastal part of Nice. Upon check-in I was greeted so friendly by the Marketing/PR Manager - Floriane. She organized an impressive, bright and large room (situated in the highest floors) overlooking the whole town of Nice. The design of the hotel did not meet my personal likes but was perfect in combination with the facade and the overall interiors. 



At the room, I recognized that the room also offers a huge terrace and lots of space for my luggage - a BIG PLUS! Also the bathroom was very generous with separate shower and tub, while the toilet was situated in a separated as well. They changed their bathroom amenities from Annick Goutal to the typical Hyatt Regency Portico amenities. I was kind of disappointed when I had to register this change, but Floriane left no stone unturned and looked for the last Annick Goutal products in the whole hotel. AND upon returning from my day trip to Saint-Paul-de-Vence, plenty of Shampoo, Conditioner and Shower Gel was put in the bathroom. Isn't that perfect service? For me this is what makes a luxury hotel.



The beds were extremely comfortable and also the pool area is quite cool, although I felt a bit disturbed by an ongoing party on the restaurant terrace, which is also the huge atrium where the outdoor pool and the bar is situated. No problem at all for me: I just used the indoor area of the pool and could relax after such a stressful day. The Hyatt Regency Nice has also a collaboration with the beach club in front of the hotel and I guess the rates vary around 20 euros per day/lounge chair, which is quite alright for the French Riviera. 



Unfortunately I did not have breakfast included, so I went to various cafés in the pedestrian area around the hotel. There is a very nice Illy Bar and an excellent Italian Restaurant in the pedestrian area next to the Le Meridien Hotel.

All in all I enjoyed my stay at this luxurious Hyatt Regency property and can warmly recommend this hotel to every traveler who plans to stay in Nice during a round trip on the Côte d'Azur. 



Thank you very much to the Hyatt Regency Palais Mediterranee Nice for providing a special price and for the upgrade. Our above written review is our personal opinion and hasn't been influenced.







No comments:

Post a Comment